Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Beach Wedding

This week we have been in Gulf Shores for Mark and Amanda's wedding. At 11:00 yesterday morning, it was storming so bad that tents were literally tumbling down the beach, and The Weather Channel reported that it was going to get worse throughout the day! But by 3:00 it was actually sunny again, and as you can see, the weather was perfect for a beach wedding!! Amanda looked beautiful, and even during the worst of the storm, she stayed calm. It was a sweet intimate wedding, and I'm so glad I got to be there. Here are some "unofficial" pictures that I took. Amanda's friend Jenny took pictures, so I'm sure that Amanda will post those on her blog soon!Thank you Lord...our prayers were answered and the storm disappeared!


Mark seeing Amanda in her dress for the first time




The Wedding Party


The Smith Family









You may kiss the bride!


The Sand Ceremony...very sweet!


Yes, yes...actually a picture of me. Leah gave me the ultimatum of having my picture taken with John Parker then or the next day in my bathing suit...






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren, HEY!!! I found your blog by randomly looking at others! How are you? I haven't heard from you in forever and a day. I guess we all have busy, busy tied-up lives. I know Amanda from elementary school. Please tell her I said she looks absolutely GORGEOUS and I am so happy for her and her sweet husband! What a great family they are going to be. I cannot believe Leah had a baby. She is probably A LOT like me when I became a mother. We both have very similar sense of humors. Tell her to love on that little boy as much as she can because before she knows it, he will be going to big boy school like Haeden. Can you believe he is six? And Ryleigh will be five in December.

Lauren, I think about you and everyone all the time. I sent you a card a couple of years ago just telling you how much I loved and appreciated that season in my life when I was pregnant. You and everyone else were there for me through such a difficult time and I thank God for the strength you all gave me. I hope you are doing well, and I miss you! My email is tonioverby@msn.com if you ever want to chat!! Take care of yourself!!!

Love, Toni

T!ff@ny said...

Their wedding was beautiful! :-)