Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I've been monogramming...

It's definitely been a learning experience! I have made many mistakes and have learned from all of them, hopefully. Most everything has turned out pretty cute, and I love the different fonts we've found!





































I have to laugh about this now, but it was very frustrating at the time! As it was sewing, I was thinking, "WOW, this is looking great! No pulling, no stretching, no looping! I did a really good job on this one." Yeah, then I took it off the machine and tried to take the hoop out...and realized that I had sewn the back to the front!!! UGHHH!!

5 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

YAY!!!!!!!! i cant wait to get some stuff monogrammed at Smitten! im looking for a baby blanket.... hmmm
=)

The Davis Family said...

Hey Lauren...
Yes, you have been monogramming...thanks for what you did for Whitney!I can't wait to come shop!

and yes, I am adding you to my blogroll!

kara

The Family Bond said...

I can so relate to sewing through a garment. I've been monogramming for almost 2 1/2 years and I am still learning from mistakes. Good Luck!

Jeremy and Christy said...

What is the name of the font you used on the blanket with the "A" on it? I love that font. It would be great on baby bags and blankets with patterns because it is thick and easy to read....but still cute!!

Sally and Wayne said...

Lauren! I found you! Now you need to blog! :)