Friday, March 23, 2007

Field Trip






Our other exciting event of the week was the field trip that we went on today. We toured the Madison Co. Business & Commerce Center in Canton (which some know as the Vo. Tech school. I never realized until last year when we made this trip how many different programs they had going on for 10th-12th graders. I guess I just assumed that it was all trade type classes (auto mechanics, construction, etc.) for kids not interested in college, but they have a medical class (for those wanting to go into any part of the medical field), marketing, and several other technology fields. Our kids were really interested and asked a lot of questions. I would love to see some of my students (especially those that have such trouble sitting and being attentive during instructional time) enroll there in a few years! I also saw some of my former students that I taught in 7th grade who had won awards at different competitions!! After we left there, we took the kids to the Gray Center (which is part of Camp Bratton Green) to have our sack lunches and to have a little play time.

No comments: